From personal experience (in the US), it can’t get any easier than going through Coinbase:
- Sign up for Coinbase here
- Connect a bank account to your brand new Coinbase account
- Purchase the crypto you want:
- It takes a while before you see the crypto in your Coinbase account because Coinbase is has to debit your bank account prior to purchasing the crypto. However, the price at which you purchased you crypto is locked in (i.e. if the price of the crypto increases over the next few days, you’re still paying the price stated when you clicked “Buy”).
- To avoid waiting that long for the crypto to show up, try depositing cash to your Coinbase account before buying anything.